Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's a boy - baby shower

I had a few people ask me if I was going to have a baby shower... and I responded no, and that I really didn't like a situation like that where all the attention is turned on me, and gifts are pretty much expected. Some sisters in my ward still decided to do a baby 'sprinkle' after Samara's music makers class that the RS sisters hold together.  It was sweet, simple, and I felt so loved.  :)

Siona, my dear friend since college wanted me to have a shower as well, and together with two of my friends in the ward planned a beautiful baby shower.
My family that was available, and my friends from work and church were all there to offer their love, support, and presents to me and this little baby boy.  The food was AMAZING, and the place was decorated so nicely.  I have great people in my life.
The hostesses with the mostesses... Jessica Pauni, Siona Tejada, and Belki Tolman
It was so much fun to have the girls carry up, and then re-open all the gifts that were given to their baby brother.  It was better than Christmas!  Although I was a bit uncomfortable with the idea in the beginning, the shower, and sprinkle were both such a blessing in our life to get this baby diapered, clothed, and strollered in style.  :)  Thanks everyone!
Jackie was in town for a funeral and was able to stop by on her way home.  She is such a sweet friend and I was showered once again with presents for baby, and me... I am now a 32 year old woman.  :)

1 comment:

Amelia said...

A sprinkle, that is funny. :) What sweet friends you have. I know exactly how you feel about the attention and expected presents. Awkward!! But that is so nice that you are so ready now and have everything you need. You deserve the spoilage!!